Applications will open on October 12th, 2020
Under CRB program, claimants will receive $500 per week for up to 26 weeks, to workers who are self-employed or are not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI) and who still require income support.
You may be eligible for this benefit if you:
- are not eligible for EI
- reside and are present in Canada for the application period
- are at least 15 years old on the first day of the application period and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- earned a minimum of $5,000 in 2019, in 2020, or in the 12 months preceding your first application for this benefit from one or more of the following sources: employment income, self-employment income, Employment Insurance (EI) maternity or parental benefits; or Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) benefits
- have stopped working due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are available and looking for work; or are working and have had a reduction in their employment/self-employment income for reasons related to COVID-19
- have had a reduction of at least 50% in your employment/self-employment income for reasons related to COVID-19
- have not quit your job voluntarily
- are not receiving the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB), the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB), short-term disability benefits, workers’ compensation benefits, any Employment Insurance (EI) benefits, or Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) benefits for the week for which you are applying.
This benefit is pending the passage of legislation in the House of Commons and Senate.
More details will be made available soon.
(last update Sep 28, 2020)