This benefits is still waiting to be passed at the Parliament
Under CRSB program, claimants will receive $500 per week for up to two weeks, for workers who cannot work because they are sick or must self-isolate for reasons related to COVID-19.
- reside and are present in Canada for the application period
- are at least 15 years old on the first day of the application period and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- have earned at least $5,000 in 2019 or in 2020 or in the 12 months preceding your first application for this benefit from one or more of the following sources: employment income, self-employment income, Employment Insurance (EI) maternity or parental benefits; or Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) benefits
- have been unable to work for at least 50% of your normally scheduled work within a given week because of being sick or required to self-isolate for reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- are not in receipt of paid leave from an employer in respect of the same week
- are not in receipt of the CERB, the EI Emergency Response Benefit (ERB), the Canada Recovery Benefit, the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit, short-term disability benefits, workers’ compensation benefits, or any EI benefits or Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) benefits in respect of the same week
This benefit is pending the passage of legislation in the House of Commons and Senate.
More details will be made available soon.
(last update Sep 28, 2020)